Oh my gosh! My first ever bloggers award and I have Lauren of I’m Just a Precious Penny in a World of Dimes to thank for it. I am thrilled to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and had to jump in right away.
Now for the questions…
1. Why did you start blogging?
Words are in my blood. I’ve been writing for my entire life, and after I graduated from college a year ago, I found myself at a standstill and really needed a creative outlet. It started as a way to mold my thoughts into a tangible form again, but turned into something I hope will bring inspiration to other women.
2. Do you like to read? If so, what book(s) would you recommend?
I love to read! (If you didn’t know, I am getting into book reviews. Come back tomorrow for my latest one. Hint: Charlotte Rogan.)
At the moment, I highly recommend The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty. I finished this a few days ago and immediately passed it off to my best friend. I adored everything about this book from the craftsmanship to the honesty to the personal journey I experienced while reading it.
3. Do you prefer Converse or Toms?
Neither are my style right now, but in high school I was really into my pink and lime high tops.
4. What are some things girls in their twenties should do? (Any advice?)
Live outside your comfort zone. You grow the most when you are trying something new.
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Beauty and the Beast.
6. If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go?
I have been blessed with the chance to travel to several states on the East coast and out West, but if I could choose a bucket list destination, it would be Alaska.
7. Do you have a pet?
I have two dogs that make my days a little lighter.
8. What is your favorite quote and why?
I can’t pick just one, so I will go with a favorite writing quote by Flannery O’Connor: “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” I have yet to hear a better explanation of writing.
9. Pick a super power you would want for a day.
10. What is your favorite family tradition?
Staying in pajamas all day on Thanksgiving.
1. Stolen from Lauren because I love this: Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite thing to write about?
3. If you have traveled, what was your favorite place to visit? If you haven’t traveled, where do you want to go?
4. What is something about you that would surprise someone?
5. Flats or high heels?
6. What is something you are afraid of?
7. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
8. What is your favorite season and why?
9. Describe an outfit that makes you feel confident every time you wear it.
10. Speaking of confident, describe a moment when you felt really proud of yourself!
Thank you Lauren for the nomination! If I nominated you, I can’t wait to read your answers. 🙂
P.S. – I was also nominated for the Starlight Blogger Award by Karen of Shade but No Shade! I will be posting that in the near future. Be sure to check out all the ladies mentioned for some inspiration!