24 Days of Grateful [Day 15]
Today, a list:
- I am grateful that I have been at my job for exactly one year today.
- I am grateful that I have a small plastic Christmas tree that used to be my grandmother’s.
- I am grateful I have lights on my porch, because lights are bright and cute.
- I am grateful my Christmas shopping is done, because I hate rushing things. I am an over-planner — chronically early for everything, but that is how I like it.
- I am grateful I have bread and milk and heat.
- I am grateful there are ornaments on my tree and that even living alone, it feels like Christmas because I am happy.
- I am grateful for my family.
- I am grateful for my boyfriend.
- I am grateful for my friends.
- Lastly, I am grateful for books. Especially lighthearted Christmas ones that I found at the library. (I have two options I found yesterday – Candy Cane Murder by Joanne Fluke or What Happens at Christmas by Victoria Alexander. Okay, the former doesn’t sound too festive. But it does sound hysterical.)
Speaking of books, I finished The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar last night and was crying before I fell asleep. Thought about that book all day today, and it continues to unsettle me. It’s a good read, but not one you want during the holidays. I may review it sometime. Basically, it was so beautiful and so sad it drove me to a book called Candy Cane Murder for my next read. I hope this one is silly and easy. Okay, now I am rambling. Goodnight ❤