Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a nice holiday. I had a wonderful time with family, and am of course now doing the typical post holiday, New Year’s Day thing — making lists. I am a to-do person to begin with, but when the new year rolls around, I become even more excited about goals and organizing. I get a new planner and make sure my calendar is up to date. I also sit down and decide what I want to accomplish in the next twelve months. In the past, I usually pick one giant goal that I want to achieve (example: finish a half marathon), but this year, I have two big goals and a list of things I want to do.
Goal #1: Read 50 books
Goal #2: Finish my biggest work in progress (a.k.a my novel)
- Write daily (journal, poetry, writing prompts, blogging)
- Write 1 story for publication a month
- Run 3 times a week
- Eat better (okay, this basically means no more Diet Coke)
- Run 1 long distance race (I have my eye on the Hot Chocolate 15K)
- Save money out of every paycheck
- Spending ban (basically, this means stay away from T.J. Maxx and Kohl’s. This will also help with #1…)
- Bake from scratch more often
And…that is it. Sounds like a lot when I put it all down on paper, but these are mostly things I already enjoy and want to make a habit. My biggest goal is to read 50 books this year. I really want to get more into reading again, and I know if I dedicate one hour a day to reading, I can definitely do it. I miss it. I miss the escape and the inspiration that comes from pages and hardcovers beneath bed sheets and between chapters. You can’t be a good writer if you don’t read. So if I accomplish nothing else this year, I want to read 50 books and I want to finish writing my own book.
Let’s see how I do…
P.S. I will be keeping a Reading Log right here 🙂 And maybe reviewing a few of these along the way.