It has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog. I don’t really know why — I have just been feeling uninspired. It was a busy month and I put my energies elsewhere. I have been working a lot and every spare minute has been given to running, yoga, my boyfriend, or my book. Things are starting to calm down, though, so I should have time to enter the blogging world again. Or maybe I have time today because it is Leap Day! 🙂
A few updates on the last few weeks:
- I (finally) feel like myself again in terms of fitness. I committed to getting back in shape with the start of the New Year, and I am proud to say I have done my best so far and feel more like a runner than I have in over a year. I changed my mind on the March 5 race because I just didn’t get the mileage in, but I have stuck to my guns and been on the road three or four times a week!
- Very, very happy the weather is starting to turn. I love winter running, but I am ready for sun. The winter days have such an effect on my mood — I am grateful that when I leave the office, the skies are a bit brighter each time.
- Yoga has become such a necessity for me. If I skip even one day, my body complains and I know I need to get back on the mat and give myself a minimum of ten minutes to unwind the kinks in my joints and muscles.
- In the middle of an amazing book by Clare Clark called We That Are Left. This one has reached into the soul and hooked me. It is not one that you sit down and devour in a day — I have been enjoying it slowly, like a steaming cup of tea as it cools or the winter sky as it clears. I am a little behind on my Reading Goal of 52 books this year, but I know I will catch up!
- My parents are in Miami right now and I am extremely jealous. Also jealous of the cruise my grandparents are on.
- I was bad and went shopping online today because T.J. Maxx had free shipping for Leap Day. Trying not to feel too guilty about buying more things when many people have so little.
- It is my birthday this month! (Well, in March.) I am turning the ripe old age of 24. This will be my first birthday in an apartment alone, and that is weird but good. I think being alone is a really great gift that not enough people recognize.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Hoping to write more in March! ❤